Fit India Movement
FIT INDIA MOVEMENT
St. Claret school, Borjhar celebrated fitness week with great enthusiasm and vigour. It was a time for the students to come to the field from their classroom environment to relax, enjoy, entertain and keep fit themselves. The management, staff and parents also joined the weeklong celebration.
- On 15th, the first day of the celebration, the principal during the morning assembly explained the entire Claretine fraternity the concept of ‘Fit India movement’ and the relevance of ‘Fitness Week Celebration”. In his address the principal exhorted the students and the staff to engage in regular physical activity to keep themselves fit to be healthy in body and mind. Students of the lower sections were given tips on nutrition and balanced diet. In the afternoon, students were taken to the auditorium and conducted yoga at the primary, secondary and higher secondary level.
- On 18th Monday during the assembly drill was conducted for all the students. In the morning session debate was conducted for high school students. In the afternoon senior secondary students were given a lecture on ‘a healthy mind in a healthy body’ by the physical education instructor. Students were also taken to the field for a few physical activities.
- On 19th we began the day with drills in the morning assembly. Poster making on the theme “Fit body – Fit Mind – Fit Environment” was conducted for elementary students. Separate drill was conducted for primary and middle classes.
- On 20th a few activities like dance competition for LKG – IX, Gardening for primary classes, Rope skipping for senior secondary, Yoga for upper primary and high school students were conducted.
- On 21st traditional games like sack race, three legs race, spoon and marble were conducted for students, staff and parents. High school students were engaged in Aryabhata Ganit challenge – 2019 as well.
- On 22nd drill, essay and quiz competitions were held for high school and lower sessions respectively.